Re: Phenolic Pads

Subject: Re: Phenolic Pads
From: Rowland and Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 21:06:17

>Excuse my ignorance but what are 'Phenolic Pads'

Don't know if they are included in the kit (I'd have thought they should
have been), but the material is Synthetic Resin Bonded Fabric (SRBF),
usually available in UK under the Tufnol brand. It's similar to the
material used for printed circuit boards*, but available in several grades,
in a range of rod and tube sizes as well as sheets which can be much
thicker than PCB. Should be available from engineering materials suppliers,
or your equivalent of RS or Farnell.

* Good-quality PCBs are usually glass-epoxy nowadays. The early ones were
often SRBP (Synthetic Resin Bonded Paper) which was much less strong.

cheers

Rowland

... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...