Re: ground handling

Subject: Re: ground handling
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 13:15:13

-
>The reason is that not many pilots are quick enough learners to recognise a
>swinging Europa Classic till it's too late to stop it.

I'll second that. When that critter bites it _really_ bites fast. I thought
I was getting quite good at taildragger takeoffs until I flew N512SA with
the old tailwheel. If your right foot doesn't go to the floor as soon as it
starts to swing then it's groundloop time. I did a very undignified
departure from Appleton that day.

That incident convinced me absolutely that the new tailwheel and something
more than a quick type conversion from trikes are mandatory if you are to
fly the monowheel safely.

Tony