Ground handling

Subject: Ground handling
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 19:02:39
Message text written by INTERNET:RonSwinden@aol.com
>I reasoned that if he with all his glider and power experience could get
in trouble  then not much
hope for poor mortals<

Experience is no substitue for a good check out. Did he get one? The
trouble with a Europa is that it is hard to spot a swing soon enough unless
you are already familiar with the periferal view and can recognise the
swing out of the corners of your eyes. I can't believe that a tailwheel
puncture would cause a swing. More likely make the ground handling more
docile.
Another thought. Glider men can be a bit arrogant. I hesitate to admit it
but I used to be one too.
Graham