Re: Jabiru question

Subject: Re: Jabiru question
From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 18:56:07

>>1) They have quit developement on the BMW engine.  It seemed like all was
>>going well the last I checked. Anyone know why the sudden hault?
>
>Europa have abandoned the project, but not the firm they contracted to do
the work: they have completed ground testing and are about to fit an example
to an airframe (possibly a factory Europa) for air testing... and quite
possibly the BMW conversion will be offered for sale later this year.

>>2) The FAQ stated that because the Jabiru only produced 3300 RPM that it
>>would require a smaller prop
>
>For the monowheel, a slightly smaller prop is no bad thing- it'll improve
ground clearance, but faster turning smaller props tend to be less efficient
than larger slower turning ones. The real question is whether any of the
available (or future) props can be matched to the Jabiru's engine speed and
the Europa's speed range.