Re: Rotax 912 (100hp)

Subject: Re: Rotax 912 (100hp)
From: Fillinger <Fillinger@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 21:56:09
Tim --

I too would like to know more about the engine choices you cite.

Heard that the 100HP 912 will be available October.  I heard also that the
Jabiru
120HP may be displayed at Sun-N-Fun.  However, I am suspicious of the Jabiru
on the Europa.  At 3300 RPM, it must turn a smaller prop, and on Jabiru's kit
plane, they use a 54".  No engineer me, but it seems the size of the Europa
fuselage will guarantee only that such a prop will dry the bugs quickly.

Regards,
Fred Fillinger, A063
Readying the old Grumman for S-N-F

On 4/13, you wrote --