Re: Electric Flaps

Subject: Re: Electric Flaps
From: Gramin <Gramin@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:24:43
In a message dated 19/01/98  00:50:00, Tony wrote:

<< some thoughts on making sure you don't accidentally raise the flaps on the
groundI  >>

It's not all that serious if you do.  I landed at the factory airfield (no
less), taxied the rest of the runway, turned off (left), climbed out, and not
until my second foot hit the ground did the stb. wing gracefully dip onto the
ground.  Not a scratch even on concrete.  Yes there are scenarios where it
could have been worse, but not stationary.

The leg had clearly not latched.  Roger arrived to pass on this tip. "The
retraction limit of 83kts is a "not exceed", and one shouldn't rush to do it
as soon as it passes"  I have now set my gear warning to 70kts and do it as a
finals check. Less effort required, and a faster circuit too.

Graham  G-EMIN