Re: Breath of fresh air

Subject: Re: Breath of fresh air
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 14:43:43
>>It seems if you anticipate flying in hot weather you need good ventilation
and it could be said that the Europa may not provide it with the standard
vent locations. We need to find an adaquate fix that doesnt compromise the
aircraft in terms of drag, or at least not too much<<

It isn't difficult to get fresh air in. However, the exhaust can get in too but
only at low speeds.
Fixes:-
seal up the flap drive slots. You should do this anyway  flaps up, for drag
reasons. Easy to do, just incorporate a cover on the bottom of the flap root.
Seal up the sides of the gear bay when the gear is up. Not so easy. We have a
cover fairing, not yet fitted but will be soon.
Maybe divert the exhaust plume somehow. Lengthening the exhaust pipe would
probably do it.
Graham