Re: Europa XS Details

Subject: Re: Europa XS Details
From: Tony Turner <TonyTurner2@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 17:06:26
>> Which famous engineer was reputed to have coined the phrase:

"Add lightness" <<

Colin Chapman of Lotus (we'll gloss over the occasions in Grands Prix when
he added a little too much lightness and the thing broke).

>> And what was his connection with the Europa? <<

Lotus Europa - that strange mid-engined device that started with a Renault
engine, got better with a Ford twin cam (and even some rear 3/4 view) but
was _really_ nice when GKN squeezed a Rover V8 into it.

Now, do I win the plastic glass of warm beer at Cranfield? Or part share in
a pair of fisherman's waders, which looks as though they could be the more
desirable option if Pluvius keeps on like this ...

Soft landings

 T.T.
Motoring with OzWin 2.10 (g3)