Re: Europa XS Details

Subject: Re: Europa XS Details
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 10:32:38

I can confirm that the day I finish laying up my wings will be the first day
of shipment of the new model wings :-)

Here is my wish list of XS features I would like to retrofit to #272. Whether
I get to fulfill my wishlist is another thing

New tailwheel... A must
Repositioned engine... highly desireably if I go for a 914
Cowlings... also desirable as it would make the warp drive VP prop spinner
look in better proportion and improve performance and visibility.
Increased MAUW... would be nice.
Long Range tank... are these available for the pilot as well :-) I always
thought that endurance was inversely proportional to the amount of coffee you
drank before the flight.

The other bits I can live without.

Another thought...

How are all these new builders going to learn about aircraft structures if
they don't build the wings themselves :-) Too much interest in flying and not
enough interest in building!! Damn, I must be an engineer.

All in all it sounds that Ivan & co have hit the nail on the head when it
comes to an aircraft that will meet the needs of the US market where the only
questions asked are ... how quickly can I build it, how far can it go, how
fast can it go and how do I fit into it!!

Now, back to laying foam blocks on wings....

Tony

Tony Krzyzewski    tonyk@kaon.co.nz
Managing Director  Ph 64 9 358 9124
Kaon Technologies  Fx 64 9 358 9127