Re: Jabiru

Subject: Re: Jabiru
From: RonSwinden@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 15:08:45
In a message dated 12/05/97  16:19:00, you write:

<<  The new cowling looks very
 different from the 912 cowling with a much lower frontal area. The lower
 drag from this cowling is calculated to give an increase of 5 to 10 Kts >>

Much lower frontal area?  How  so??? surely the frontal area is fixed by the
area of the firewall bulkhead.   Do you mean surface area and if  so it would
be interesting to see the calcs, to gain even the lower figure by a reduction
in the drag due to reductions of the surface area or  in the surface friction
 component of the drag would I think be dificult indeed.      If it is
possible can we Rotax users know the secret, after all given our relatively
low power we need all the help we can get!!!   Keep well all see y' at
Cranfield Ron S No 33.