Re: Capacitance fuel guages

Subject: Re: Capacitance fuel guages
From: Melvin Cross <mcross@aerodev.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 11:46:38
Mike,
Aero Developments at Kemble offer a complete ready to install Capacitance
fuel gauge kit for the Europa which includes SkySport Cap. unit, Alloy
stand-pipe, VDO gauge, all fittings, hoses and instructions.
Around 15 of these kits have already been fitted and they are PFA approved.
Aero Developments can be reached on Tel:   01285 770291.
                                                         Fax:  01285
770455.
Or visited at Kemble Airfield.

Regards,
Melvin Cross.

----------
> From: MIKE <mike.a0011109@infotrade.co.uk>
> Subject: Capacitance fuel guages
> Date: 10 May 1997 16:00
>
> I am convinced I should fit a capacitance fuel guage to my Europa which
is about to have the lid put on.

> The  Avelec unit seems O.k. but is very expensive and has a separate
power unit i.e. three components. I know the P.F.A. has approved the
installation of this unit, which includes stengthening the cut-out in the
cockpit module. I have details of the SkySports unit from the U.S.A which
seem to have a lot going for it - lower cost and all the electronics are in
the head.

> Does anyone know if the P.F.A have approved this guage- I have tried to
phone them many times but cannot seem to contact Francis - also has anyone
actually fitted the SkYSPORTS guage ?? Having fitted a capacitance type
guage will the P.F.A allow the removal of the sight type of guage currently
the "standard" in the Europa ?

> Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
>
> Mike Dawson -no 96  - the Millenium seems about the right guess for the
first flight !!!