Capacitance fuel guages

Subject: Capacitance fuel guages
From: MIKE <mike.a0011109@infotrade.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 10:36:09
I am convinced I should fit a capacitance fuel guage to my Europa which is about
to have the lid put on.

The  Avelec unit seems O.k. but is very expensive and has a separate power unit
i.e. three components. I know the P.F.A. has approved the installation of this
unit, which includes stengthening the cut-out in the cockpit module. I have
details of the SkySports unit from the U.S.A which seem to have a lot going for
it - lower cost and all the electronics are in the head.

Does anyone know if the P.F.A have approved this guage- I have tried to phone
them
many times but cannot seem to contact Francis - also has anyone actually fitted
the SkYSPORTS guage ?? Having fitted a capacitance type guage will the P.F.A
allow the removal of the sight type of guage currently the "standard" in
the Europa ?

Any help on this would be very much appreciated.

Mike Dawson -no 96  - the Millenium seems about the right guess for the first
flight
!!!