Premolded wings and tail feathers

Subject: Premolded wings and tail feathers
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 1995 18:43:06
>>all the recent successful  American glass kits are offering
wings made in molds.<<

I suspect most of them have wet wings. Berkut doesn't, or any of the Long Ez
developments. If you include all the copies, Long EZ must be the most successful
design of the lot. Europa looks like a success in the making too.
Seriously though, I don't think there is much less work in a premoulded wing
than a foam core one, it's just different kind of work. We reckon it takes about
one and a half days to fill and profile a wing to the stage of spraying primer.
I bet you would spend just as long on a premoulded wing. Ask any of the Glasair
and Lancair boys. Filling and profiling the leading edge is fiddly. As is
capping strips on all the ribs etc. Don't ask about chasing leaks in a wet wing!
(I've done it :-[ )

Graham