RE: Europa-List: Mod 70

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Mod 70
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:12:46

Curtis...

If you built the mass balance arm properly and didn't bugger up the holes o
r have a tail wheel type=2C the original mass balance arm seems to be holdi
ng up.  But over time=2C side play will wallow out the 3/16 holes and that
is what we were concerned about.

I hope you have  a good sized access hole.  If you do=2C it takes 2-4 hours
 depending on turnbuckles=2C cables=2C your tower width=2C etc.  Pretty muc
h a no brainer.

The new part is properly made and will serve many years without fail.  If y
ou install the TP18 butterfly attachment for the cables it takes 4 hours.
So cut the old cables=2C pull out the arm with weights.  Assemble the new a
rm on the bench.  Rig up a small turnbuckle from A/C Spruce and throw the t
hing in.  As for the phenolic parts=2C I use #8 screws as they countersink
easier.  I use a dab of double back sticky tape to set the rub strip where
I want it then add just a dab of slow setting thick superglue=2C check it a
gain and hit it with the accellerator.  I have an angle drill that makes th
e premade holes I make easy to do by feel.  Insert the nuts and screws=2C a
nd pull down.  I have some one handed gimicks I use like a cut off stubby s
crewdriver that wedges into the post slot and holds the screw.  Then I put
on the nut and crank her down.

Call me when you need one.

Bud Yerly

Custom Flight Creations (813) 653-4989