Re: Introductions

Subject: Re: Introductions
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 11:31:38
> Unless you are a U.S. builder, then your ratio will be 100:27.  And 10th of a
gram
> is usually more accurate than a pump in the smaller quantities. Besides, you
will
> need some sort of scale for the Araldite 420 anyway! If anyone is interested,
> I have "cheat sheets" for both products.

>   Jim Thursby

For very small amounts of resin, any weight method could be
approximate and a bit of a nuisance.  I found it handy to use a 50/50
mix laminating epoxy (from hobby stores or Home Depot in the U.S.) for
the numerous little _non-structural_ needs, like where I need a little
just a little bit flox or micro, or a little splash layup to make
whatever.  50/50 you can eye, using plastic picnic spoons, two tiny
dixie cups, etc.

BTW, if you run short on the 420 structural adhesive, PTM&W (the
Aeropoxy people) sells ES6279, again for less than primary structure
needs to play safe.  50/50 mix, fast cure, good adhesion.

Regards,
Fred F., A063