Re: Sale of Quarter share

Subject: Re: Sale of Quarter share
From: Richard King <king@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 19:01:42

----------
> From: Miles McCallum <milesm@avnet.co.uk>
> Subject: Re: Sale of Quarter share
> Date: 10 September 1997 22:13
>
> There is another alternative: the "prototype" XS fuselage is a modified
std
> fuselage with the footwells (feetwell?) extended a couple of inches... No
> big deal with composite construction. OK, so it'll mean moving the rudder
> pedals forwards too, but it strikes me as a better alternative than
becoming
> spam in a can...
>
> Miles

The big trouble is that with the standard fuselage my legs are still too
long even though I use a very thin seat back cushion.  The XS would let me
use a standard cushion which would relieve the ache I get in my back, but
my legs would still be bent at too great an angle.  This means that one's
weight is carried on far too small a part of the bottom, and after about 50
minutes one suffers from a numb bum.  Regretably I can't see any way out of
it other than having about 4inches carved out of my legs, which is rather
too drastic a mod to be approved!

Richard