Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 12/27

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 12/27
From: Fred Klein <freddythek10@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 13:31:36

Timthanks for posting about your recent touring in NZthough Im unfamiliar with
the cited landmarks, your narrative is very evocative.

A few years back as I recall, I intercepted a tailwheel fairing which was
enroute
to you so I could make a splash mould before sending it on. It worked out just
fine Im happy to say and I dont believe Ive properly thanked you for that
courtesy.

BTWIve always had a soft spot for NZ as Don McKinnon, your former Minister of
Foreign
Affairs, had been a high school classmate of mine back in D. C. many years
ago.

Best,

Fred

> On Jan 2, 2022, at 2:42 PM, timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> Flew up to Takaka from Rangiora, (Google) beautiful weather, airline type
> flight,
7500ft direct, no controlled airspace, no bumps, no cheese and biscuits,
1 hour 20mins with my wify!  Not the air hostess! Had a swim at Ligar Bay, and
saw relatives then back via Abel Tasman National park, beat up Kayakers along
the coast, not above 500ft, to Motueka, St Arnaud and Lake Rotoiti,  Rainbow
Valley through Hells Gate, Island Pass, Lake Tennyson, Hamner and back across
the Canterbury Plains to Rangiora. 3.1 hours in total, what a joy. Beautiful
high pressure system to cross the Alps at Mt Una.
> When to spread ashes of my brother-in-law at Ligar bay with family which, if
we had driven would have taken us 7 hours each way, overnight, food ..well you
do the maths.