Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 12/27

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week, 12/27
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 11:42:55
Flew up to Takaka from Rangiora, (Google) beautiful weather, airline type fl
ight, 7500ft direct, no controlled airspace, no bumps, no cheese and biscuit
s,  1 hour 20mins with my wify!  Not the air hostess! Had a swim at Ligar Ba
y, and saw relatives then back via Abel Tasman National park, beat up Kayake
rs along the coast, not above 500ft, to Motueka, St Arnaud and Lake Rotoiti,
  Rainbow Valley through Hells Gate, Island Pass, Lake Tennyson, Hamner and b
ack across the Canterbury Plains to Rangiora. 3.1 hours in total, what a joy
. Beautiful high pressure system to cross the Alps at Mt Una.
When to spread ashes of my brother-in-law at Ligar bay with family which, if
 we had driven would have taken us 7 hours each way, overnight, food
..well you do the maths.
15 litres per hour. EUROPA is such a great touring aircraft.

Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,