Re: Europa-List: tacho ballast resistor question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: tacho ballast resistor question
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:52:48

On 2021-01-19, at 10:24, D McFadyean <ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net> wrote:

> Half of the answer is in the instructions!:
>
> "NOTE: If tachometer reads low or is erratic, check engine pick-up sensor.
> Sensor
maybe rusty or
> misaligned, clean and realign as necessary. If the tachometers needle pegs
> when
engine is running, install
> a 200 to 680 ohm  Watt resistor between the white wire of the tachometer and
ground, starting from
> higher resistance.

Duncan - thanks for your message, thats very reassuring. Your instructions must
be a different edition, there is no such wording in my UMA manual, just the
suggestion
I quoted of a 270 resistor. I felt it probably wasnt critical, but wanted
to find out if anyone knew better.

in friendship

Rowland