Europa-List: tacho ballast resistor question

Subject: Europa-List: tacho ballast resistor question
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 09:20:13

Im wiring my Europa XS with a 912ULS engine. I have fitted the factory-supplied
UMA tacho and am also taking the engine tacho output to a MGL E-3 engine
instrument
and a Smart Avionics CSC-1 prop controller.

The UMA manual calls for a 270 resistor across the engine tacho output (if the
readings are erratic). The MGL manual calls for 220 (and one is supplied).

With no electronics shops open nearby in lockdown, its going to be awkward
buying
a single 270 resistor. Does anyone know if using the 220 resistor Ive got would
make the UMA tacho unhappy? And conversely, would using a 270 make the MGL
instrument unhappy?

in friendship

Rowland