Europa-List: Re: Spar Strap

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Spar Strap
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 17:19:22

Hi Jeroin I remember reading of Nev's adventures sandbag loading original
classic
wing. It failed something like the spar flexed and slipped off the spar pin,
I forget if it was before or after the center (I think wood) split. Anyway it
failed and the process of offloading begun. Son of a gun when weight got down
the spar snapped back into place. Hmm, he figured he would see how strong it
was, I forget the details, don't think it made it to 2 Gs, but close. So you
can take comfort when you perform a less than perfect Lomcovak on your Europa
and fail the spar because you don't install spar strap, perhaps you can unload
and land OK if you're gentle!  The pip pin with balls on one spar pin and spar
strap for the other increases amount of load before failing wing. Just going
---From long term memory but pretty sure to the why. Ron P.

Read this topic online here: