Re: Europa-List: Re: Spar Strap

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Spar Strap
From: Mike Christine Duane <DuaneFamly@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 08:23:34

For me, anything that was a safety upgrade, I did.
I found doing the spar strap very straight forward. I did notice that I had
quite
a bit of mold release that had to be judiciously removed from the top, bottom,
and forward surfaces of the port spar. Then a good attention to detail on
scuffing only those surfaces. After I was sure this was done, I verified the
position
of the strap, wrapped the corresponding area of the starboard spar with
clear wrap, joined the two wings, and did the fiberglass wrap portion. I then
wrapped clear wrap around both spars to insure a snug fit.
Have never had an issue with it since.

Mike Duane
N377EA Europa conventional gear
Chandler, Arizona, USA

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 19, 2020, at 6:26 AM, jglazener <j.glazener14@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> So that would mean that if I stay below 1300, which shouldn't be a problem for
the test phase, I would be OK? That would at least allow me to wait until some
warmer weather comes around.