Re: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Brake Calliper Piston

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Monowheel Brake Calliper Piston
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2020 07:22:31
Cool.  Is the system installed in that way easier to use (ie- less lever pre
ssure)?

> On Jan 18, 2020, at 6:15 AM, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> =EF=BB
> Another point worth mentioning is that you can (& I have with approval of L
AA) fit the Beringer brake lever on the central console in the same position
 as the original, thus allowing access to the brake from either seat. David J
oyce, GXSDJ

>> On 2020-01-18 09:09, JohnFrance wrote:
>>

>> Good morning,
>> A few comments regarding this thread in no particular order.
>>
>> In nearly all cases a punctured tubeless tyre will deflate slower than tu
bed tyres and they don=C3=A2=82=AC=84=A2t overheat due to the friction
 between the inner tube and tyre in normal use.

>> Aluminium 2017 is not recommended for anodising, there are better alloys a
vailable.

>> The brake control on the stick is different and requires getting used to b
ut it is practical as it frees up the right hand for other tasks.

>> While Beringer give 2 bars as the operating pressure I have mine at 1,5 t
o 1,6 bars and find the handling satisfactory.

>> Lastly, Beringer also propose a bulkhead mounted slave cylinder that can b
e mounted in the Classic wheel tunnel.