Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 04:42:24

Clive,

Hopefully Bud Yerly will answer all your questions but here's what we know.
We've
have a set that we've started, but likely will not complete.

The glider wings are at least 100 lbs heavier.  This severely restricts their
usefulness
for touring.

You are right, there are few photos of a mono with glider wings.  I've attached
a photo of Terry Severs with one wing in place.  Dave Anderson and Ken Carpenter
are two mono gliders but no photos (Carpenters is on Yerlys website but with
short wings).

A problem with glider wings on a mono is that the spar mod increases the height
of the spar causing it to interfere with the flap actuation rod.  We have
successfully
fitted a push pull cable to solve that problem.  Another solution is
to go to electric flaps like a trigear.

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: