Europa-List: Motorglider Wings?

Subject: Europa-List: Motorglider Wings?
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 00:12:01

Bob Hitchcock's EC website news item for this week is 'Glider Wings'.

Whilst I have the Std Classic Touring wings, I'm quite interested in the
Motorglider
capability of a Europa.  But it poses some questions for me.  So for those
who already have and use them:-

1) Can they be safely carried on the factory Mono trailer - and if not, how do
you move them around, and store them?

2) To reduce the cost impact, has anyone tried 'syndicating' a set of MG wings
with another Europa owner - and how practical is that from the
engineering/rigging
point of view - e.g. has anyone tried to set up two fuselages to accept the
same set of wings?

3) For the average Europa empty weight range, what is the additional weight
penalty
of using MG wings, and is it so large that touring becomes impractical?
[mine was just re-weighed and is 850lb]

4) i have seen several images of MG wings on TriGears, but i don't think i've
seen
any on a Mono - can anyone refer a link to same please?

Thanks in anticipation.  Clive  G-YETI

Read this topic online here: