Re: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Motorglider Wings?
From: Peter Zutrauen <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2019 07:57:49
Jim,

Here in Canada we can declare whatever gross weight we want (wisely or
not). Seeing that the added weight is itself in the wing and results in no
increased stresses, I figure I could simply increase the gross with long
wings by the same 100lbs without penalty (assuming enough HP). No?

Curious, how much floor-spar clearance is there with the glider spars vs
short wings? Is there a possibility that a modified/redesigned drive tube
could still work for both?

cheers,
Pete