Re: Europa-List: Anyone experienced trim runaway?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anyone experienced trim runaway?
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 19:52:25

A few years ago, just after take-off from an airport a long way from
home, I experienced a trim runaway as I was trimming forward. I can
assure you it quickly got my attention as the control force was
uncomfortably heavy. After toggling the trim switch quickly in both
directions, normal trim function thankfully resumed.

The aircraft has trim switches on both sticks and has a relay in the
circuit. It was the relay that stuck and after replacing it with the
later heavier duty relay supplied by Ray Allen, no further problems were
experienced.

This incident dictated I put a trim on/off switch next to the trim
indicator on the panel.

Cheers
Kingsley in Oz