RE: Europa-List: Anyone experienced trim runaway?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Anyone experienced trim runaway?
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2019 09:53:26

The LAA acceptance initial test flight requires an examination of the effect of
an electric trim runaway in both directions and at various aircraft speeds in
order to confirm that the aircraft remains controllable after leaving the trim
in a simulated runaway for 4 seconds before taking any action, which would be
to trip the CB to isolate the system. I have not tried to simulate a runaway
that takes the  trim to the full extent of its travel.
Regards

Brian