Re: Europa-List: Wing tie down anchors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing tie down anchors
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 11:05:14

Chris,
In all honesty they are not needed. The main two points to tie down are the
tailwheel
and main wheel which are easy to do. The wing wont lift too far due to
the outriggers on the other side. I just put two ground pegs either side of the
main wheel and tail wheel and link them with a tie down around each respective
wheel. Holding the main wheel down is, in my opinion, most important.
Cheers,
Tim

Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand

ward.t@xtra.co.nz

Mob +64 210640221

> On 29/11/2018, at 10:21 AM, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Dear Europa forum members,
>
> As I approach the point of closing the wing, I wanted to ask the group how do
you tie down the wings if you don't have the tie down anchor mod.

> I  have them but I am debating whether to install them. Yes, they are probably
very nice, but they are heavy and I am trying to keep my airplane as light as
possible.

> If there is a decent alternative to tie down the wings that doesn't involve
> using
these anchors I will not install them in the interest of weight saving (and
a little less work). I guess one way is to tie the wings down is through the
outrigger hinge mechanism but I am afraid that gusty winds could cause damage
to the mechanism.