Re: Europa-List: Wing tie down anchors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing tie down anchors
From: William McClellan <wilwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 09:47:52

Chris,
Something to consider.  When you tie down at an airport, the takedowns are set
up for each wind and tail.  There is not a tie down for the wheel(s).  I put in
a threaded socket at the outside rib at each spar.  If it even added a pound
I'd be surprised.  I have a pair of eye 3/8's bolts that I screw in when needed.
I tape over the hole when not in use.
Bill