Re: Europa-List: Wing tie down anchors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing tie down anchors
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 21:51:56

I tie down at the undercarriage frame and tail. Aeroplane isnt going anywhere
and
they dont add weight as well as been strong points.

Alan
GOBJT

Sent from my iPad

> On 28 Nov 2018, at 21:21, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Dear Europa forum members,
>
> As I approach the point of closing the wing, I wanted to ask the group how do
you tie down the wings if you don't have the tie down anchor mod.

> I  have them but I am debating whether to install them. Yes, they are probably
very nice, but they are heavy and I am trying to keep my airplane as light as
possible.

> If there is a decent alternative to tie down the wings that doesn't involve
> using
these anchors I will not install them in the interest of weight saving (and
a little less work). I guess one way is to tie the wings down is through the
outrigger hinge mechanism but I am afraid that gusty winds could cause damage
to the mechanism.