Re: Europa-List: VENTILATION IN FLIGHT & POSITIVE CABIN PRESSURE

Subject: Re: Europa-List: VENTILATION IN FLIGHT & POSITIVE CABIN PRESSURE
From: david park <dpark748@me.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:54:21
Simple and very effective available from ac spruce.

Dave Park G-LDVO

> On 12 Sep 2017, at 15:33, Kevin Challis <cakeykev@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Been through the same cabin ventilation issues tried negative pressure but
 carbon monoxide in cockpit and a blast of air from my fuel selector locatio
n in the tunnel.

> I now have 3d printed deflectors on inside of air vents to direct air to b
low over body/face and an extra air vent on top of the cockpit also 3d print
ed with a closable moveable vent inside to direct the air where required. It
 works well but did take me 7 versions to get right.

> Tested in SW France this summer.
>
> Kevin Challis
> G ODJG
>

>> On 12 Sep 2017, at 15:02, willydewey <willydewey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> I recently returned from a summer trip to Germany and Austria in G-IANI
>> wonderful trip but temperatures at 2000 ft rose in the cockpit to 44 deg C

>> and CO2 from the exhaust bothered me most of the time..
>> When on the ground the 914 was a problem to start probably by fuel being e
vaporated in the carbs and consequential vapour lock
>> I have the Standard NACA vents (broken but open) but these didnt work at a
ll well. Ian gave me a Mecaplex vent which unfortunalty doesnt match the cur
ve of the screen and maybe it would if fitted foul the locking handle.
>> During the winter months I would like to redress the situation and would b
e grateful for advice, in screen vents for example. Is it feasible to block o
r restrict the entrance where the flap drive enters the fuselage? If this is
 possible the CO2 problem might improve
>> Any help or tips much appreciated.
>> I do have the vapour return line installed back to the tank as required b
y the LAA and  was recently checked and a logbook entry made.
>> Once started from cold the 914 ran faultlessly even in those high tempera
tures  Both cylinder head and oil temperatures were within limits.

=========
=========
=========
=========