Re: Europa-List: Re: Radio interference

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Radio interference
From: David Watts <dg.watts@talktalk.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 17:54:22

Hi all

There have been several messages about radio interference from cheap USB
chargers
and I keep meaning to put a message out about it as I have spent quite a bit
of time sorting this out.

What I have found is that there are car cigarette type chargers win USB outlets
that use a completely different electronic technology which they call Smart
Charging
(not smart phone charging).

A good example of these is by a manufacturer called 1byOne and they market a
triple
output charger with each outlet supplying up to 2.4 Amps. They are available
---From Amazon for around 6. There are others available.

I and my friend have been using them for quite a while and there is no
interference
at all no matter how close they are to the radio.

Dave Watts,
G-BXDY Classic Mono

> On 12 Sep 2017, at 15:43, willydewey <willydewey@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Mike
> I had a similar problem with my Europa and traced it down to my cheap
> Iphone/pad
charger.. I think the Guardian (not cheap) may be one way to go. Otherwise
its a suck it and see situation with liberal use of chokes and capacitors in
circuits