Re: Europa-List: My BIG DAY

Subject: Re: Europa-List: My BIG DAY
From: davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 19:05:00

Kingsley, Many congratulations! (Both personal and on behalf of the
club). When you have got time it would be good to have an account of the
high an low spots of the build process and the flying to go in the
Europa Flyer.

Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2017-09-05 10:58, Kingsley Hurst wrote:

> I know it is 'Old Hat' nowadays but it was still a great experience for me. .
. .

> On Thursday morning last, I conducted the first flight of Classic Mono VH-CUA
---From my home at Gatton Airpark in Queensland Australia.

> The 45 minute flight was one of sheer enjoyment so to reiterate the advice of
many others before me, I'd just like to say to those still doing what I have
been doing for so long . . . . keep at it, the reward is worth it!

> In anticipation of possibly having to do surgery to accommodate our hot
> conditions,
I have not yet painted the engine cowlings or applied any pin striping
but as things progress, those items will be forthcoming.

> The main wheel fairing and outrigger fairings were left at home for the first
flight too.

> Attached photo was taken from the chase plane while comparing indicated
> airspeeds.

> If interested, an abridged version of the flight can be seen at
> https://www.facebook.com/gattonairpark/ [1]
>
> Cheers
> Kingsley in Oz

Links: