Re: Europa-List: unusable fuel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: unusable fuel
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 15:21:05
David,

Will that be enough petrol on board if you are on short final at an uncontro
lled field and someone pulls out onto the runway and you have to go around?

Best regards,
Robert Borger, President
Geowhiziks & Doodlebugging, Inc.
Certified Petroleum Geophysicist AAPG#101
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208-5331
(C) 817-992-1117

Sent from my iPad

> On Aug 24, 2017, at 14:15, davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk wrote:
>
> Fred/Bob, That's an entirely reasonable approach since the front end fuel o
utlets make it the most critical attitude. However it only really applies to
 those who would contemplate seeing if they can take off with +/- empty tank
s. It seems to me much more practicable to go with the cruise attitude, wher
e I guess 99% of fuel starvation happens. So door sill level would be my rec
ommendation.

> Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ
>

>> On 2017-08-24 18:34, Robert Borger wrote:
>>

>> Fred,
>>
>> I'd recommend takeoff & climb out attitude as that would be the most crit
ical and when you'd be most likely to uncover the tank outlet.

>> Bob
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Aug 24, 2017, at 09:55, Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com> wrote:
>>

>> Could someone please tell me what the proper attitude of an XS Mono is wh
en determining the amount of "unusable fuel" on board?