Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax Engine Alternatives - Aeromomentum

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Rotax Engine Alternatives - Aeromomentum
From: houlihan tim <houlihan@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 12:03:37
I concur with Richard, , a new engine installation can be done and may turn out
to be an improvement , developing new ideas is essential all our installations
were new once.

BUT as Richard suggests it will inevitably take longer than first thought and my
in the end have insurmountable problems , I know of more than one installation
that could not be made to work due to torsional vibration that would possibly
require a redesign of major engine components. I also know of a successful
installation that is now working well but took ten years of steady development
to make it work and it is still a "one off" with all that entails.

Do go ahead if you want to develop this system but if you want to fly your
aeroplane sooner take the easy way otherwise all the development time and money
will be on your shoulders.

Tim

G-BZTH a simple basic Classic with a 912 ul