Re: Europa-List: POH Updates

Subject: Re: Europa-List: POH Updates
From: William McClellan <wilwood@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:19:28

Mike,
Reading some of the statements in the Europa's Owners Manual and with my
different
engine and different landing gear, I decided not to even mention I had such
a manual, saying I would prepare my own.  I know its not much help after the
fact.  This was of not much much matter to my inspectors.  Much of the process
is appeasing them and given that every inspector/office is notably different
you just have to do what they want and not present them with things they could
or want to make an issue of.  After you get the Special Airworthiness Cert and
Repairman Cert you will likely not have to deal with them any more.  You do
the flight testing and after the 40 hrs, your log book entry makes you good to
go and free to fly where not otherwise prohibited.
Bill McClellan