Re: Europa-List: oil sump banjo orientation

Subject: Re: Europa-List: oil sump banjo orientation
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 15:07:48

Rowland,

FWIW, on my 914, I left the banjo fitting as it was and ran the return line
forward,
up the port front and across the top of the engine back to the oil reservoir
inlet.  The hose is covered with heat shield near exhaust pipes.

Perhaps if I did it again, Id obtain the necessary crush washers and reorient
the
banjo to point aft toward the reservoir for a shorter run.

In any case, make sure you apply heat shield when close to hot stuff.

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa XS Tri, Rotax 914, Airmaster C/S Prop (75 hrs).
Little Toot Sport Biplane, Lycoming Thunderbolt AEIO-320 EXP
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208-5331
Cel: 817-992-1117
rlborger@mac.com