Europa-List: oil sump banjo orientation

Subject: Europa-List: oil sump banjo orientation
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 20:41:47

On my Rotax 912S the outlet of the banjo fitting on the oil sump points forward.
The pipe connected to it goes aft to starboard. The manual (Fig 7, page 5-5,
912S Installation) shows it pointing about 45 degrees forward and starboard.
It looks as though it would be sensible to re-orient the banjo to point about
45 degrees aft and starboard. Is this a good or bad idea?

in friendship

Rowland