Europa-List: Re: oil sump banjo orientation

Subject: Europa-List: Re: oil sump banjo orientation
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:10:43

Rowland. When I installed my engine recently I also needed to re-orientate the
banjo. What I found was that it's really awkward under the crankcase because of
its shape and the potential for the hose clip to get in the way and the
difficulty
of manipulating a screwdriver, all affected by the angle of the banjo in
relation to projecting parts of the casing.

So I loosened the banjo quite a lot and first fitted the hose clip in such a way
that the screwdriver would have good access, tightened the clip and then
positioned
the banjo in a position as near as practicable to the way it needed to
point.

After the final tighten and wire-locking of the banjo, I could then focus on
routing
the oil hose as required.

Read this topic online here: