Europa-List: Re: Considering the purchase of a 2nd hand kit

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Considering the purchase of a 2nd hand kit
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 13:47:44

Thanks to all again for the informative replies.

Well, there is doubt in my mind that the mono is challenging and the conversion
to tri is to be seriously considered. This discussion reminds me of what you
read regarding the landings in the U2 aircraft :)

Anyway, maybe the Europa mono is a little more challenging in crosswinds than a
glider simply because you can't drop a wing while riding on the main. But
obviously
there are limits to crosswinds you can handle even in gliders.

BTW, I do fly from asphalt and crosswinds can be common but high winds are only
common in this time of the year.

Can't wait to go to SnF next week and meet some of the Europa flyers!

Chris

Read this topic online here: