Europa-List: Re: Airmaster prop problems.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Airmaster prop problems.
From: jonathanmilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 15:29:59

A couple of years ago I converted my Airmaster from AC100 to AC200 controller.
The AC100 was working fine and I still have most of the components.

There are three concentric rings of black "squares" at the rear of the spinner
and the detector attached to the side of the gearbox has three photocells
aligned
with the rings to "count" the number of squares going by in each propeller
revolution. The rings correspond to Take-Off, Climb and Cruise rpm.

I did experience on at least one occasion at low light levels that the
photocells
weren't detecting the squares, but I can't remember what the response was i.e.
did the propeller rpm go to fine pitch? That would make sense I guess.

Contact me if you want more help or info.

Read this topic online here: