Re: Europa-List: Re: Engine rubber mounts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Engine rubber mounts
From: Kingsley Hurst <kingsnjan@westnet.com.au>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 19:06:36

Roland,

The purpose of the sleeve is to act as a spacer so that the rubbers are
compressed
to the correct amount and no more.

There is no need for the nuts to be torqued as such in this application.

Once the nut starts to lock up because of the spacer taking the load, turn the
nut only enough then to align the first castellation for the split pin. In fact,
depending on how it feels, it might be best to back off the nut to the first
available castellation.

Regards
Kingsley in Oz.

Sent from my iPhone

> On 18 Dec. 2016, at 7:13 am, Roland <schmidtroland@web.de> wrote:
>

> One more question: last time when we installed the rubber mounts, we managed
to compress not only the MT04's but also the MT03 steel-spacers with which to
me seemed like a reasonable torque, so that I also had to order new MT03's from
Europa.

> Although the MT04 should be fully compressed on the MT03 spacers I'd like to
avoid to again damage the MT03's by overtorquing for obvious reasons.

> Any suggestions as to how to make it right? The installation manual only
> states
"tightened fully":