Re: Europa-List: Removing a Monowheel G-DLCB

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Removing a Monowheel G-DLCB
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 22:17:17
Good Evening Glenn!

Are you pretty sure you have opened all the fasteners?

Sorry if this is a stupid advice, but there is one hex screw inside the
axle - have you noticed that one?

(its possible I remember wrong, last time I opened it was about three
years ago, when I put nitrogen + antipuncturesauce into my inner tube)

Cheers,
Raimo
Finland
OH-XRT,
Mono +500 hrs & 850 landings with still one original prop...
allekirjoitus
<mailto:info@rwm.fi>
15.9.2016, 21:45, Glenn Perry kirjoitti:

> Hello all.
>
> Thanks for a great forum! The amount of great information going around is
> staggering.
>
> I bought a Classic monowheel about a year ago. I want to change the tire as it
appears to be very old. On trying to remove the stub axles, I found them
immovable.
I have tried all manner of persuasion with no luck, including a purpose
made tool that forces two sharp wedges under the flange from opposite sides.
It can apply considerable force. Still to no avail. All I can think is that the
axle tube has rusted solid into the stub axles due to NO maintenance by previous
owner. Does any one have some ideas?