Europa-List: Removing a Monowheel G-DLCB

Subject: Europa-List: Removing a Monowheel G-DLCB
From: Glenn Perry <gfhperry@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 18:45:38

Hello all.

Thanks for a great forum! The amount of great information going around is
staggering.

I bought a Classic monowheel about a year ago. I want to change the tire as it
appears to be very old. On trying to remove the stub axles, I found them
immovable.
I have tried all manner of persuasion with no luck, including a purpose
made tool that forces two sharp wedges under the flange from opposite sides. It
can apply considerable force. Still to no avail. All I can think is that the
axle tube has rusted solid into the stub axles due to NO maintenance by previous
owner. Does any one have some ideas?

Thanks, Glenn Perry