Europa-List: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Cooling issues XS 914 on the ground
From: Roland <schmidtroland@web.de>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 22:28:41

Remi,

I can tell you, that the 7-row oil cooler in my setup is sufficient under ALL
conditions.
That also (like many other things I've learned about cooling) is far
---From logical, since I always had the oil too hot in summer even in cruise
climb
90KIAS with the 13-row cooler (which I donated to the Europa Club :-) ) when
it was installed in tandem with the radiator previously.

Now I only left a gap of just 1 cm below the radiator with an aluminum sheet
installed
in the tunnel, so that I have in sum the radiator surface and this 1 cm
gap below, where all air has to pass through in the tunnel. The oil cooler has
now 4 rows overlapping behind the radiator and only 3 rows get cool air from
this 1 cm gap.

In addition the aluminum sheet in the tunnel, which guides the air through the
radiator extends behind the oil cooler, so that no cool air is lost below the
oil cooler.

Regards
Roland
PH-ZTI