Europa-List: Re: Reposition oil cooler on Classic Trigear

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Reposition oil cooler on Classic Trigear
From: Scudrunner <howardbrooksster@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 03:27:08

A couple of left field ideas:

Is the engine running too lean? Lean engines run hotter right?

I have a mono classic & UL and don't get those temps and I need to partially
blank
the oil cooler in the winter. 2 summers ago I went through the LAA new VP
prop schedule which if I remember correctly calls for a 5 minute WOT climb and
temps were OK.

Air lock in either the water or oil cooler circuits? (I remember needing to
bleed
the water cooling rad through a small hole in the inlet/outlet pipe.

Agree that once temps get high it takes longer for the oil to cool than the
water.

I agree with the principal of checking the simple stuff 1st. The alternatives
tend
to be expensive and time consuming!

Hope that helps?

Read this topic online here: