Europa-List: Re: Southco Fasteners

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Southco Fasteners
From: Europaul383 <europaul383@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 11:36:04

Hi Frank,

You seem to be sorted for alternatives to SS (I used the dacrotised).

One tip - I didn't use the retainers (small black washer-like things). If the
screws
are still in their holes when you remove the top cowling, you have to flex
the sides apart slightly for the screws to clear the bottom cowl, with the
associated risk of paint cracking.

I opted for removing & placing the screws in a small plastic Airwaves container
(other brands are available, but its size & pop lid are ideal) or use your hat!
Allows clean, vertical removal of the top cowl.

I keep a few spares of top & bottom cowling screws onboard in case the hat has
a hole ... apart from the one you put your head in... :-)

HTH

Paul M

383 XS Mono 912S
G-PLPM