Europa-List: Spin characteristics

Subject: Europa-List: Spin characteristics
From: graeme bird <graeme@gdbmk.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 12:02:45

I've decided to get some aerobatic training just for fun and so have been
reading
the Kershner basic aerobatic manual. The section on spinning talks about the
characteristics of some planes to go flat and recovery being dependent on
various
hard to predict factors; altitude/pressure as well as plane design. Does
anyone spin the mono outside of UK and have any comment. While searching for
info, I have seen one or two accounts on here of accidental incipient spin. They
have made we think I should make sure my payload (e.g for permit flight test)
is better secured than dumped on the seat if a wing drop could send me inverted.

I was busy fitting my Smart Ass 3 at the strip the other day when my hangar
neighbour
remarked that he dropped a wing and rolled out of the circuit on base leg
in a Brezzer after a 6 hour flight to an unfamiliar strip - lucky to survive
I should think. Easy to do though especially if you are turning across a stiff
breeze.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY
Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S/Woodcomp 3000/3W
Newby: 200 hours 4 years on the Mono
g@gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here: