Re: Europa-List: top cowl carb air inlet

Subject: Re: Europa-List: top cowl carb air inlet
From: Donald Cameron <fireflier@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 21:43:52

Hi Rowland

I have just posted photos of nev's kit installed in my aircraft.  When i done my
install there was no documentation from Nev.  U had a good chat with him and
got a good understanding of how everything was to be fitted.  It actually goes
together pretty easily.

Should you need any advice or guidance feel free to get in touch with me and i
will try my best to help as much as i can.  If i can remember.

Regards
Donald
G-PUPY

Sent from my iPhone

> On 15 Mar 2016, at 21:33, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On 2016-03-15, at 21:08, Sky <richard.churchill-coleman@sky.com> wrote:
>>
>> Rowland, I have the Nev Eyre cowl set as well (though not yet built) and my
understanding is that it does away with the fresh air inlet by guiding fresh air
over the top of the engine from the cooling ducts immediately behind the prop
- as a result, you simply put "normal" Rotax air filters onto the carb inlets
and use air from directly inside the cowling.  There is a picture of this set
up on the Europa website where Nev's cowls are shown with the top off.

> Richard - thanks for your message, thanks to Alan Twigg too. It seems you folk
have had more than I got from Neville in the way of documentation (well, I dont
think I got anything on paper).

> Ive looked on the Europa factory website and cant find any pictures of or
> reference
to Nevilles cowls. Can you give me the exact URL, please?